Wednesday, December 12, 2007

the big break

Well, hello everybody. I am sure there are millions of Bodega Train fans out there in the blogosphere who have lost sleep as well as appetite from lack of reading posts from this site.
Sorry, been preoccupied with other projects.
The quotient of printed words on this page will probably grow at least a little bit these days if for no other reason than I have a broken foot.
Oh well, at least I now possess a brand new shiny set of crutches.
It’s amazing how many small tasks one performs every day and never even thinks about it. Even going to the refrigerator for a beer can be an adventure. I have that figured out now, but the first day on the crutches, I went to the kitchen and opened a cold beer, salivating. Then started to take it back to the living room, looked down upon both my hands, one on each crutch and just said, “Shit!”
What was I going to do to get from point A to point B. My adorable and brilliant wife laughed, reached under the counter and handed to me a plastic grocery bag. With said bag, I can drop the bottle in and hold the loop with my fingers as I glide back to the sofa. Actually it’s even easier now that the weather has finally acted in a wintry fashion.
I simply wear my robe and slip the beer into a pocket.
Not to sneak in a plug, but Icicle and the kid will be performing at Sarah’s place this Friday night. That would be the 14th of December.
I have not played sitting down since way back in the early 80s due to a faulty appendix. How embarrassing. Hmmm, drummers get to do that all the time. Might as well take my turn.
Wow. This is actually kind of fun. I’ve been dealing with editors the past few few weeks and in here, I can just go kahgng;erhg’nkgirng and nobody cares.
Anyway, I’m going to go and do my beer trick and think of crap to post in here. Just have to see how my mood flows.
Adios por ahora,
Me

2 Comments:

Blogger stashdauber said...

sorry to hear about yr accident

as you might have heard, two yrs ago around this time i tore a tendon in my right calf while participating in "field day" at my old company's retreat

hope yr recovery is speedy

9:12 PM  
Blogger bodega train said...

Thanks, it should be an iteresting gig tonight at Sarah'slace. I'm wearing this gigantic protective boot.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home