Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Departure: Corpus Christi / Arrival: Fort Worth

Well, here we are, back in the panther city again. The relatively cool weather felt more than just a little merciful upon our arrival. Then again, it was almost impossible to see the highway due to the torrential rains encountered upon entering this county known as Tarrant.
I must admit to being fortunate to have arrived at all as the load in the gigantic rental truck I was driving shifted and had me weaving all across the road for a few horrifying seconds. My wife was following me and it damn near scared her speechless. It was not exactly a positive experience as far as blood pressure goes on my part either.
But, as I earlier stated, here we are.
I must admit that I will miss watching the shrimp boats head out to bay in the wee hours of the morning. I shall also miss feeding my gull friends and talking to the jellyfish. Okay, I know that last part seems a bit strange, but they listened and did not seem to mind my taking of their generous time. They are somewhat iridescent and being somewhat of an insomniac, they made for good company.
Okay, enough of that. First thing I did after getting somewhat settled was to call my years-long buddy Icicle and talk him into noodling around a bit on some songs we may not remember all that well. Hmmm. That was after I happened into a local bar called Sarah’s Place that features live music on Friday evenings. I booked Icicle and the Kid for a gig that will take place on October 5th. Van Eric Martin: AKA-Brian Oblivion will be drumming his heart out as usual.
Hopefully, I can land a last gig at the Wreck Room before the doors close for the last time. By the way, it is nice to be back in the land of really good Mexican food. One would think that Corpus Christi would be overrun with good joints as such. Alas, that is not the case.
New home. New computer. Old town and old friends. Good feeling and an old warm beer that needs to be replaced with a new cold one.
Adios por ahora.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home