Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Green Acres

“Green Acres is the place for me…” Oh, come on. We all know the words to that song. My sweet one and I recently viewed several episodes of this classic show via Netflix, but I would imagine the episodes would be available in any video store.
I remember watching it as a child and just laughing at the cast of characters. After watching anew, I fully see the psychedelic edge to the thing. Trust me here. Pay attention to the dialogue and you will see what I mean.
Remember that Alvy Moore (Hank Kimble) went on to script and produce a movie called A Boy And His Dog. (Highly recommended by Bodega Train)
Just rent a few episodes of green Acres and you will see what I mean. This was a truly magnificent tribute to the strange world in which we all exist and how it can be made likeable if we just let it be so.
####

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home